2023 MBAA International Conference:
Society for Case Research & Global Jesuit Case Series Professional Track
Date: March 22-24, 2023 | The Palmer House Hilton, Chicago IL
**Submission Deadline: EXTENDED TO January 21, 2023**
While in-seat attendance is preferred, this year's conference will be offered both in-person and online via Zoom
The Society for Case Research invites cases and papers from faculty with an interest in case writing. Submissions can include:
1. Embryo cases - Have an idea for a case? Create a short draft and identify some learning
outcomes. That's all you need to participate. Your embryo will receive feedback from experienced case writers.
2. Full case studies - The Journal of Case Studies (JCS) and Business Case Journal (BCJ) publish
full-length case studies in two or three issues a year. Submissions should include both a case and teaching note. JCS has a late September submission deadline. BCJ accepts submissions throughout the year.
3. Critical incidents - The Journal of Critical Incidents (JCI) is an annual journal that publishes short cases (3 pages maximum) that focus on a single decision point. JCI has a late May submission deadline.
4. Articles - Both JCS and BCJ accept articles related to case writing.
5. Panels - Submissions with multiple presenters related to the same topic are also considered for presentation.
*Manuscript guidelines for the journals can be found here.
As in the past, this year’s event will be a great opportunity for you to receive feedback from other case writers about your cases, critical incidents, and embryo cases.
Also part of the conference will be our popular case writers bootcamp, to be held immediately preceding the regular workshop sessions on March 22, 2023. Led by instructors with years of experience as case writers and editors of case journals, the case writers bootcamp will help those new to case study research and writing refine their ideas into case studies that can be effectively used in the classroom and pass through the peer-review process toward publication.
If you would like to submit a case, critical incident, case embryo, article, or an idea for a panel discussion to the workshop, the submission deadline is January 6, 2023. Click here to submit a case. The cost for the conference registration, luncheon, and bootcamp to be forthcoming via MBAA International (https://mbaainternational.org).
- Plan to bring your DEI cases to the conference as there is a special issue announcement forthcoming for BCJ and you can receive constructive feedback before submission.
- The intake for JCI will follow the MBAA, so bring your CIs and receive helpful feedback prior to submission.
- Next year’s summer workshop will be located at San Jose State University. Call for papers forthcoming so you can start planning your trip to California!
Questions? Please contact the organizer, Cara Peters at petersc [at] winthrop.edu or the SCR President, Tyler Burch, at tylerburch [at] isu.edu.
For questions related to IgnitEd please contact Tracy Couto at tracy [at] ignited.global.