Journal of Critical Incidents 2020 Volume 13 Issue 1
This is the full preview of the Winter 2020 Journal of Critical Incidents. Individual CIs with the associated teaching notes can be found by searching the case title.
- Contracts No. 1: Judge for yourself A critical incident regarding contract formation, conditions, performance, and breach
Amy Bryson Smith, Belmont University
- Ethics and Social Responsibility Facebook Fail: When the Social Media Posting of an Employee Harms the Organization’s Image
Tyler Burch, Idaho State University Anna Michelle Tempelmann, University of Paderborn Robert W. Lion, Idaho State University
- Ford Motor Company: Should we buy a train station?
Jeff Cohu, Lipscomb University
- Credit Union says no to customer’s hijab: Public safety or discrimination?
Chia-An Chao, Indiana State University Aruna Chandra, Indiana State University Dale Varble, Indiana State University Joyce A. Young, Indiana State University
- Tina’s Troubles
Suzanne Dieringer, The University of Tampa Jack “Gil” Smith, The University of Tampa Robert Bassford, The University of Tampa Britt Shirley, The University of Tampa
- "Suit accuses CEO of taking $7M"
Perry Moore, Lipscomb University
- Pezno wines: The legal and ethical dimensions of in-kind employee compensation
Connie O'Brien, Minnesota State University Mankato
- Ethics in the grounding of the Boeing 737 MAX
Norma Juma, Washburn University Sunita Rao, Washburn University
- To what degree can employers “snoop” through your electronic devices?
Alyse Pflanz, University of Nebraska at Kearney Bambi Landholm Van Horn, University of Nebraska at Kearney
Accounting / Finance
- Will Northwest’s baggage be overweight?
Ryan Torkelson, Luther College
- Lease or buy?
Ann M. Hackert, Idaho State University Steven Byers, Idaho State University
- Undocumented workers, United States taxes, and the responsibility of tax preparers
Ellen J. Lippman, University of Portland
- No chicken at KFC: A logistics debacle?
Joyce A. Young, Indiana State University Kuntal Bhattacharyya, Indiana State University
- Managing nuances in performance reporting of a complex program
Te Wu, Montclair State University
- Sweet dreams: Creekside Maple Syrup
Karen Popovich, Saint Michael’s College Virginie Pioche Khare, Eckerd College Kristin Juel, Saint Michael’s College
- Struggling to hire a mechanics manager
Tyler Burch, Idaho State University Neil Tocher, Idaho State University Dennis Krumwiede, Idaho State University
- How Should McGraw-Hill Respond to Innovative Competitors to Maintain Market Dominance In the Digital Age?
Jonathan S. Sales, Bentley University Jessica A. Magaldi, Pace University
- Pirate Joe’s vs. Trader Joe’s: A gray market fight
Joyce A. Young, Indiana State University Paul W. Clark, Coastal Carolina University Chia-An Chao, Indiana State University
- Ring security: Peace of mind vs. chilling nightmare
Kenneth J. Ramaley, Ramaley Group Bradley W. Brooks, Queens University of Charlotte
- Zion Williamson: Could Nike’s dream exposure become a nightmare?
Bradley W. Brooks, Queens University of Charlotte Gary E. Powell, Queens University of Charlotte