DSEF-UNCG Sales Leadership Module
This course is structured to present you with the basic principles and practices of sales management and direct selling.Students will be exposed to the multi-faceted nature of the sales manager’s job and will analyze the structure of the sales organization, determination of sales policies, selecting, training, motivating and rewarding sales people, establishing sales territories and quotas, and evaluating performance.
About DSEF - UNCG Modules:
DSEF partnered with UNCG to develop course content that advances knowledge of the direct selling industry. UNCG’s Entrepreneurship Cross-Disciplinary Program (ECDP) professors, under the leadership of DSEF Fellow Dr. Dianne Welsh, developed and incorporated direct selling modules into their curriculum (both online and face-to-face), including a minimum equivalent of one week of lectures and assignments out of a 15-week semester. The modules were developed for entrepreneurship cross-listed courses in key fields related to channels of distribution (i.e. information technology, sales and marketing).
- Describe the role of personal selling in marketing in either small, entrepreneurial organizations or large corporations.
- Appraise what it takes to become a leader in direct selling.
- Explain the trust - based relationship selling process and how it differs from transactional selling.
- Understand the concept of selling strategy with its key elements of customer value and alternative personal selling approaches.
- Identify and explain the various components involved in the 5 stage selling process.