Connie Tang: Leading Fearlessly Through Crisis, Change and Growth
The Connie Tang & Princess House case touches on topics of crisis management, community, the direct selling business model, the Hispanic market, leadership, childhood and adult influences and mentors, competing priorities (aka work-life balance), entrepreneurship, the “side hustle” or “gig” economy, and the fine line between “nice girl” and passive observer. Below please find highlights of topics and themes the instructor can utilize in guiding class discussion. The instructor/facilitator should feel free to introduce her/his own topics and questions.
- Appraise a brand revitalization effort.
- Examine the concept of diversity in a target market, specifically the Hispanic market.
- Examine a go-to-market strategy and its importance.
- Explain a crisis response plan and evaluate plan components.
- Describe leadership traits and appraise own traits.
- Discuss the concept of competing priorities.
- Discuss moments of vulnerability and the impact on leadership.