Canada Goose Holdings, Inc.: The Ethical Sourcing of Down and Fur
Luxury retail brand, Canada Goose, faces opposition from a prominent animal rights group surrounding the sourcing of materials used for its jackets. Several regulatory agencies have questioned the advertising practices of Canada Goose. Canada Goose now faces a decision regarding its brand and the ethical sourcing of fur and down. 12 pp. Case #19-12. (2019)
- To highlight the conflict that may arise when a company must balance social responsibility with their original roots;
- To encourage analysis of how to handle a situation involving differing opinions on the importance of an issue;
- To demonstrate the growing power of non-governmental agencies (NGOs) today;
- To encourage discussion as to whether companies must prioritize animal rights in their corporate objectives;
- To highlight how companies must evolve and grow with the different generations that dominate the market.