The Boeing Company: Take Off Delays for the 787 Dreamliner
This case will examine the complex challenges of a firm in the world of global business which must maintain healthy communications with customers, investors, and suppliers. The Boeing 787 Dreamliner is by most accounts a success story of modern innovation, yet its production delays present a unique challenge for a corporate communication officer.
- To illustrate the complexity of modern corporate communications in a global business environment;
- To provide an example of how a company must establish positive and reciprocal communications with its suppliers and subcontractors;
- To encourage discussion of how to maintain investor confidence in the wake of a business setback;
- To illustrate the difficult position companies enter when they release misleading or inaccurate information to the public;
- To facilitate a discussion of how effective communication is increasingly essential as businesses operate worldwide.