Social Venture Internship
Learn the fundamentals of entrepreneurship while working to launch your own social venture. Focus on what you are passionate about. No idea necessary! You will navigate the entire startup process, including formulation, pitching, prototyping, and go-to-market strategies – leaving you with meaningful experience, professional certifications, and powerful network connections. Do not wait until after college.
Two self-paced courses - often approved by institutions for 3 college credits each*
- SE 101 - Social Entrepreneurship Fundamentals
- SE 102 – Social Venture Formulation
- Group coaching, led by Professor Mike Caslin and the GCSEN team
- Flexible scheduling - web based/learn from anywhere
- Web-based, work from anywhere
- Achieve two Social Entrepreneur certificates, including LinkedIn badges
- Receive Professional/grad school references provided by GCSEN
- Expand your professional and support network connections
- Analytical Skills: Students will further develop and possess analytical and critical thinking skills to evaluate issues faced in business and professional careers.
- Technological Skills: Students will further develop and possess the necessary technological skills to analyze problems, develop solutions and convey information.
- Communication Skills: Oral - Students will further develop and possess the necessary oral communication skills to convey ideas and information effectively and persuasively.
- Communication Skills: Written- Students will further develop and possess the necessary written communication skills to convey ideas and information effectively and persuasively.
- Civic Awareness and Ethical Decision-Making: Students will further develop and possess the knowledge base and analytical skill to guide them when faced with ethical dilemmas in business. Students will have an increased awareness of political, civic and public policy issues affecting a 4P Social Enterprise venture.
- Global Awareness: Students will develop further awareness of global economic issues, and cultures.
- Business Knowledge/Integrative Abilities: Students will have an increased knowledge of the basic disciplines in 4P Social Enterprise business management, and be able to apply and integrate that knowledge effectively in business formulation, problem specification and problem-solving.
- Proficiency in Social Entrepreneurship: Students will have an increased understanding of and intellectual competence in the discipline of 4P Social Entrepreneurship.
Questions or interested in sponsoring a student? Connect with a GCSEN mentor.
* For confirmation, please contact your institution’s career advising department for guidance.