25th Annual IAJBS World Forum / Inaugural CJBE South Asia Regional Chapter Meeting
Theme: Innovate and Flourish
Date: July 21-24, 2019
Venue: XIMB, Xavier University Bhubaneswar, India
Abstracts Due: ****Deadline Extended*** now due March 15, 2019
Notification: March 25, 2019
The 25th World Forum of IAJBS, celebrating its Silver Jubilee, has included ‘Flourishing’ as an integral part of the conference theme as the perspectives on ‘Flourishing’ provide a wider canvas to draw the images of sustainable development which have hitherto been limited to economic growth and profit. As Aristotle opines, ‘flourishing requires a life with other people,’ and it is essential for achieving ’natural excellence and happiness,’ the hallmark of true development. The concept of flourishing is also used to include, besides human flourishing, ecological flourishing. Since ‘flourishing requires a life with people’ and nature, the growing culture of innovations should be used as a thread to weave the web of life. In a hugely networked world, it is possible to advance the cause of flourishing. Innovations act as necessary conditions accelerating the process of achieving the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by 2030. Though the SDGs put equal thrust on planet, people, profit, prosperity and peace in the centre of development agenda, profit has assumed the dominant position. As a result, world is witnessing unprecedented social and economic inequality and ecological and political crises.
We call for papers presenting empirical research results, case studies, business practices, and pedagogical knowledge that are related to these general interests. The subthemes and the topics are:
Philosophy and Principles of Innovation & Flourishing
- Perspectives on Flourishing
- Magis and Sustainability
- Innovation in social, ethical and ecological responsibility
- Discovery and Recombination for Innovation
- Disruptions for Innovations
Jesuit Business Education
- Business Education for a Flourishing World
- Disruption and Innovation in Management Education
- Students of Business Schools: Seekers of job Vs. Seekers of Happiness
- Innovations in Functional Areas: Operations, Marketing, Accounting, Finance, and People Management
- Jesuit Focus: Business Education versus Management Education
- Technological Disruptions
- Technology and Competition
- Artificial Intelligence and Robotics
- Social Shaping of Technology
- Technology and crisis in Social Relationships
Regional and Global Sustainability Approaches
- Principles and Practices of Flourishing: Experiences and models from different cultures and continents
- Water for Flourishing World
- Sustainability Reporting
- Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Solidarity and Circular Economy as Alternatives
Sustainable Communities & Peace
- Relationships for Sustainable Communities
- Institutions for Deeping Relationships
- Sustainable Agricultural Systems
- Organizational Design for Sustainability
- Sustainable Governance
General Submission Guidelines:
- Submissions should be in English, single-spaced, 12-point font, Microsoft Word file format
- Abstracts should not exceed 500 words.
- Full papers should not exceed 7000 words.
- A full paper must be submitted either at the time of the abstract submission or after the abstract is accepted by the conference but before the June 1 deadline.
- At least one author of the accepted paper must attend and present at the conference.
- We will use a double-blind review process. The author name(s) and information should not appear anywhere in the abstract, full paper and document properties.
- At the time of full paper submission, authors will have an option for their submissions to be considered for a fast track review at the Journal of Management for Global Sustainability (JMGS). Full papers accepted for presentation at the conference may alternatively be submitted for review and publication in JJBE. Please refer to Publication Opportunities below for detailed submission guidelines for publications in these two journals.
- All submitted full papers will be considered for the Tom Bausch Best Paper award.
- The abstract should discuss the importance of the topic, and explain method, data, and data source used for the study when applicable. It is also helpful to state stages of the study and preliminary results.
- Do not include references or links in the abstract.
- Additional tables and figures may be submitted as a file attachment with the abstract submission.
- Notification of abstract acceptance will be sent out on a rolling basis, before March 15, 2018. All full papers of accepted abstracts are eligible for presentation at the conference.
Tom Bausch Best Paper Award
This award is established in honor of Dr. Thomas Bausch, former dean of Marquette Business School, who was instrumental in founding IAJBS 25 years ago. It recognizes the best paper presented at the conference. All full papers presented at the conference are eligible and will be judged based on clarity of the written paper, importance of the topic, quality of the study, and potential contribution to the field. A selection committee will be appointed by the conference paper committee. The award will be announced and presented at the conference. A monetary prize may also be awarded.
CALL FOR PAPERS Journal of Jesuit Business Education (JJBE)
The Journal of Jesuit Business Education is the peer-reviewed, interdisciplinary journal of the Colleagues in Jesuit Business Education (CJBE). The journal is dedicated to the distribution of scholarly work and commentary with a focus on the distinctiveness of business education in the Jesuit tradition. Full papers accepted for presentation at the conference may be submitted for review and publication in JJBE. JJBE submissions need to be original, not previously published, nor under consideration at another journal. Full papers will be subject to a double-blind review process.
The deadline to submit papers will be October 15, 2018. Papers are submitted to Stephen Porth, Senior Editor of JJBE at sporth [at] sju.edu. Acceptance for publication will be decided by the Editorial Board of JJBE upon the reviewers’ recommendation. Accepted papers will appear in Volume 10 of JJBE which will be available in Summer 2020.
- Happening On: July 21 - 25, 2019
- Hosted By: XIMB, Xavier University Bhubaneswar, India
- Theme: Innovate and Flourish
- Abstract Submission Deadline: January 25, 2019
- Notification Deadline: February 15, 2019
- Full Paper Deadline: May 5, 2019