Save the Date!
- Happening On: July 22 - 25, 2018
- Hosted By: Seattle University, Seattle WA, USA
- Theme: Innovation for Sustainability
- Abstract Submission Deadline: March 15, 2018 *Deadline extended!
- Notification Deadline: April 15, 2018
Full Paper Deadline: June 1, 2018
Conference Theme: Innovation for Sustainability
Now more than ever, organizations need to innovate to stay relevant in a dynamic, global environment. The theme of the 24th World Forum is consistent with the World Forum’s ten year focus on sustainability. Today, sustainable enterprises not only require innovative business practices in product design, partnerships, logistics, marketing, accounting, and finance; sustainable enterprises themselves have created new norms for what counts as innovation in business and hold the promise of redefining what effective business strategy looks like in the 21st century. We call for papers presenting empirical research results, case studies, business practices, and pedagogical knowledge that are related to these general interests. The topics can include the following:
- Sustainability driven innovation strategy
- Innovation, sustainability, and social responsibility
- Innovation, sustainability, and organizational leadership
- Teaching sustainability through innovative pedagogy
- Innovation, sustainability, and Ignatian pedagogy
- Sustainable innovation for the bottom of the pyramid
- Social responsibility and business ethics
- Sustainability for regional development
- CSR performance and reporting
- Partnerships for sustainability
- Levels of governance: interactions of sustainability initiatives at local, regional, national, and international levels
- Changing patterns and the cultures of consumption within a Jesuit context
- Risks and risk management: where economy meets environment, culture and society
- Free trade and fair trade
- Sustainable aid and aid for sustainability
- The dynamics of production and consumption
- Accountability: beyond financial performance and bottom lines
- Other related topics in economics, accounting, finance, marketing, logistics, and management
General Submission Guidelines:
- Submissions should be in English, single-spaced, 12-point font, Microsoft Word file format
- Abstracts should not exceed 500 words.
- Full papers should not exceed 7000 words.
- A full paper must be submitted either at the time of the abstract submission or after the abstract is accepted by the conference but before the June 1 deadline.
- At least one author of the accepted paper must attend and present at the conference.
- We will use a double-blind review process. The author name(s) and information should not appear anywhere in the abstract, full paper and document properties.
- At the time of full paper submission, authors will have an option for their submissions to be considered for a fast track review at the Journal of Management for Global Sustainability (JMGS). Full papers accepted for presentation at theconference may alternatively be submitted for review and publication in JJBE. Please refer to Publication Opportunities below for detailed submission guidelines for publications in these two journals.
- All submitted full papers will be considered for the Tom Bausch Best Paper award.
- The abstract should discuss the importance of the topic, and explain method, data, and data source used for the study when applicable. It is also helpful to state stages of the study and preliminary results.
- Do not include references or links in the abstract
- Additional tables and figures may be submitted as a file attachment with the abstract submission
- Notification of abstract acceptance will be sent out on a rolling basis, before March 15, 2018. All full papers of accepted abstracts are eligible for presentation at the conference
Tom Bausch Best Paper Award
- This award is established in honor of Dr. Thomas Bausch, former dean of Marquette Business School, who was instrumental in founding IAJBS 25 years ago
- It recognizes the best paper presented at the conference
- All full papers presented at the conference are eligible and will be judged based on clarity of the written paper, importance of the topic, quality of the study, and potential contribution to the field
- A selection committee will be appointed by the conference paper committee.
- The award will be announced and presented at the conference
- A monetary prize may also be awarded
Journal of Management for Global Sustainability (JMGS)
- The Journal of Management for Global Sustainabilityis a peer-reviewed scholarly journal dedicated to the publication of research in the field of management and global sustainability. JMGS submissions must be original, not previously published, nor under consideration at another journal
- Authors choosing to have their conference full paper submissions to be considered for publication in a JMGS special conference issue “Innovation for Sustainability” will receive an expedited review through a fast-track double/blind process
- A conditional acceptance will be sent out to the authors of selected papers as early as 2-4 weeks after the initial submission and in most cases before the conference.
- Ultimate acceptance for publication will be decided by the Editorial Board of JMGS upon the reviewers’ recommendation and the normal review/resubmit process.
- Authors are strongly encouraged to submit full papers as soon as possible (before deadline) in order to facilitate the timely notice of a conditional acceptance.
- Accepted papers will appear in the JMGS special issue “Innovation for Sustainability” which will be available in 2019.
- For more information please contact: Marinilka B. Kimbro, Editorial Board JMGS at kimbrom [at] seattleu.edu
Journal of Jesuit Business Education (JJBE)
- The Journal of Jesuit Business Education is the peer-reviewed, interdisciplinary journal of the Colleagues in Jesuit Business Education (CJBE). The journal is dedicated to the distribution of scholarly work and commentary with a focus on the distinctiveness of business education in the Jesuit tradition.
- Full papers accepted for presentation at the conference may be submitted for review and publication in JJBE
- JJBE submissions need to be original, not previously published, nor under consideration at another journal. Full papers will be subject to a double-blind review process.
- The deadline to submit papers will be October 15, 2018.
- Papers are submitted to Stephen Porth, Senior Editor of JJBE at sporth [at] sju.edu
- Acceptance for publication will be decided by the Editorial Board of JJBE upon the reviewers’ recommendation.
- Accepted papers will appear in Volume 10 of JJBE which will be available in Summer 2019.