Xerox Corporation: Developing a New Image
After an extensive study, Xerox decided to undergo a rebranding. It unveiled a new logo on January 7, 2008, and now the challenge is to A) roll out the new logo, B) change perception that Xerox only makes copiers, and C) demonstrate that the rebranding was worth the multimillion dollar investment. 8 pp. Case #08-12 (2008).
- To highlight the time, effort, and expenses that constitute a brand image restructuring;
- To provide an example of why a company may undertake restructuring its brand image;
- To demonstrate how a company commences restructuring its brand image;
- To encourage discussion regarding the ways in which a company should communicate its new brand image to its consumers;
- To encourage analysis regarding the value of the investment.