Global Genes: Communicating the Launch of Global Research Initiative Rare X
Global Genes, a patient advocacy group for the rare disease community, must plan for the launch and marketing of Rare X, a new data collection and analysis platform. This moonshot proposal is contingent upon the collaboration of various stakeholder groups and will require strategic communicative efforts to properly deliver the proposal
- To encourage individuals to consider the unique elements that must be considered when a new non-profit organization with resources wants to begin operation and communicate itself to the public.
- To promote discussion around the data privacy risks that accompany a proposal such as Rare X.
- To explore the idea of critical mass adoption and public approval as a requirement for success of a new organization.
- To demonstrate the need for proper communication and coordination among various diverse parties (ex: health care professionals, governments, and patients).
- To provide an example of how one company can expand its services through the creation of a new joint venture, partnering with parties of diverse backgrounds and expertise.